Whether you are making arrangements following a death or as part of pre-planning, there are a number of decisions that must be made. This checklist can help you better understand the elements of a funeral, help guide your decisions, and help you be better prepared to make the arrangements. Our ultimate goal is always to help you create a service that is meaningful, appropriate and affordable.
- Select a funeral service location: chapel, gravesite or temple?
- Decide on the time and date of service
- Select a cemetery for burial
- Select a priest (if)
- Determine the preparation of the deceased:
- Traditional preparation (suit, dress, casual)
- No preparation (closed coffin or no service will be held)
- Select a coffin
- Be prepared with information for vital statistics: i.e., Social Security Number, date of birth, parents’ names.
- Be prepared to provide information for death notices and possible obituary
- Consider a church, a charity or organization for donations in memory of the deceased
- Determine if any limousine will be required.
- Consider care for any young children or older adults who may or may not attend the service
- Consider which family members or friends can assist in informing others of the death/funeral plans
- Decide if you would like to order personalized acknowledgement cards
- Be prepared to sign a contract and authorizations
- Be prepared to decide on the method of payment for services.
Remember, we are with you all the way. When in doubt, please do not hesitate to ask us questions.